Skip to main content

Nothing Overly Exciting

I've got nothing exciting to report, but feel like I should blog, so here are the things that come to mind in list form:

(1) I've been having my annual Fall allergy attack. It started with my throat feeling like it was on fire for two days. Then last night I took some of my miracle drug "Mucinex D" which at some point really dried up all the drainage that was causing my throat to hurt, but left me waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I had just trekked across the Sahara Desert. Anyway, my throat feels better, but I'm more hoarse than previous days and I'm a snot factory (TMI I'm sure).

(2) I am in LOVE with Amazon pre-order. I'm sure everyone knows about this. I'm not a huge online shopper, so I'm probably getting on board late here, but if you don't know about it, here is the scoop. If you place a pre-order (for books that haven't released yet), it locks it in at the price you "purchase" at, but if at any point it gets cheaper between when you "purchase" and it actually is released and mailed to you, they give you the cheaper price. I did this with Pioneer Woman's cookbook and ended up getting it for $13 plus change. Then I purchased a kiddie book that released this week and it was reduced also. I'm hopeful that my "Andre Agassi Open" gets cheaper before it is mailed out to me next week. But I am loving this price protection guarantee.

(3) I hit up Gap Outlet today and got 7 items for $72. Now I got a couple of pieces for $2.50 each, but it helped average out some of my more expensive pieces. I've been wanting something with ruffles and something in gray (since gray is the new black for the season... BTW, I still like the old black), so I've killed two birds with one stone in this little ensemble:





(4) I moved my new dresser and tv stand into my bedroom now. I'm liking my paint choice with the dark furniture up against the wall. I still need to hang my new curtain rod and curtains, but I'm kind of tired, so that is a task for tomorrow. There is more painting to do this weekend, so I'm hopeful that goes smoothly. That project is a real crap-shoot, so I have my fingers crossed.

(5) Target put their Halloween stuff on 75% off yesterday. I was in there at 8:00 when they opened for my curtains, but saw people in a 75% off frenzy, so I joined in too. I got Lola's Halloween costume for next year for $2.50. I also got some napkins and books & play-do for the kiddos that get special treats from me.

(6) I purchased tickets today for me and my friend Suzanna to go see Bon Jovi in April! I'm so super excited! I have always loved Bon Jovi. I had always dreamed of going to see them live...since like 3rd grade. Finally, back in probably 2003 (I'm guessing here), I got to go see Bon Jovi. It was one of the most fun times I have ever had in my life. I screamed so much that I totally lost my voice. I remember having troubles as we were all getting back into the car because we were half deaf from the noise and none of us could yell because we were hoarse. It was awesome though. Then a few years later, I went to see them again. Their last go around, I was unable to get tickets, but not today. I got us pretty good tickets and I cannot wait!

(7) Today, with an internet purchase from Rue La La, I think I reached the 75% mark of having my Christmas shopping done. Another thing I want to mention is that I'm sick and tired of stores who have Christmas stuff for sale commenting when you buy it. "You're already buying Christmas!" they like to say. Don't put it out if you don't want people to be buying it yet! Yes, I'm an early bird. So what!?!

(8) After taking your suggestions on the stool for my bathroom, I decided to paint it white for now and then try and figure out how to make it look similar to the one from Ballard. I agree with the suggestions of painting it a color, but the fabric I've found that I like is light in background and I was afraid that a color might show through. So for now it is white, which is a whole heck of a lot better than the army gold/green. Have a look:

As I said, none of this is overly exciting, but it seems I had lots of mundane things to report today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo