Skip to main content

We've Got an Itch!

Yep, Lola and I both have an itch! First about Lola's...

Poor Lola didn't draw the "good health" card when she was born (good thing she got lots of cute handed out to her though). She has terrible allergies. In the past, she has been treated by taking steroids orally and also through a steroid spray. The allergies manifest themselves by causing her paws to itch. Since her pancreas took a nosedive back in December, she isn't allowed steroids in ANY form.

She had a bad allergy spell in January and licked her paws so much she licked the hide completely off two of the pads on her back paws. It was really bad and a long road to healing because they had to scab up, etc. Now she is in the midst of another allergy attack. She has been licking her front paw non-stop. This drives me nuts, but also I don't want a repeat of January's incident. I called the vet and he said Benadryl was okay. I started dosing her with that, but it didn't have the effect I had hoped for.

Last night, I decided that, darn it, I was going to put a stop to this paw licking!
Yep, a sock over the paw wrapped with an Ace Bandage...
Poor Lo!
Little dickens! This is what I found when I got her out of her kennel this morning and unwrapped her bandage...
She chewed holes in the sock to get to her paw!!!

By now, you know I'm just at my whits end! What else can I do...

An oatmeal bath, that's what!
Poor Lo again! She had to stay there for 15 minutes!
Did it work?

Not a chance.

Lo immediately after her removal from the oatmeal bath (licking her paw):

Now for my itch...
I've kind of been itchin' for new living room furniture. I would love to do a complete change-a-roo, but I decided that I needed to remain in the same color scheme so that I didn't have to redo tons of stuff. I have been looking, but not finding tons I like.
I finally decided that I did not want to purchase a set of anything (no more matchy-matchy). I found two couches the other day that I kind of liked, but more importantly, I found a chair that I loved. The couches were on sale, but the chair and ottoman weren't. I was kind of between a rock and a hard place. I only wanted to purchase one piece right now and wait until I had the money saved to pay cash for the other piece later. I also needed to sell my entire set all at once. If I purchased a chair now, I couldn't really go without a couch for several months and vice versa. What to do!?
My parents have a fairly new wing back chocolate brown leather recliner that I picked out, but my Dad doesn't like. So, I am going to use their chair and making it possible for me to get a couch only for now. So I went out today and scratched my itch, ie: I purchased a new couch. It is being delivered on Thursday and I can't wait!
Here is a photo from the showroom...
The colors don't really photo that well... it is really kind of camel color (more gold like, though that doesn't sound very pretty. it also is kind of a herringbone print).
It has very pretty (and expensive looking) pillows.
I've just listed my current set on Craigslist. I'm hopeful that I won't be the victim of any Criagslist copycat killers! I posted it for sale about 30 minutes ago and already got one response...FINGERS CROSSED that it sells soon!

Comments

courtney said…
I have a weird question.....how did you know Lola's paw licking was allergies? Our Baxter bites his tail NON-STOP and it drives me crazy. Our vet said that it *could* be allergies, or he could just be bored/anxious. He gave us allergy meds for Bax for about a week and it didn't seem to help--I suppose we bore the poor dog to craziness.

Also, does Lola not lick the other paw at all?

Love your new couch! You'll have to post pics once it's in place! :)
Caroline said…
I love that couch! It is so pretty. I want new living room furniture too, but I'm going to wait until my kids are a little older. They spill everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo