Skip to main content

ZaSpa

I taught class this morning but as of 8:50, I was taking a day off (well for the most part anyway). Today was the day that Suzanna and I were headed to the Hotel Zaza to visit the ZaSpa. The hotel, restaurant and bar are so great I had really high hopes...which as usual probably isn't a good thing. I always find that it is so much better to have low expectations and be thoroughly surprised than for it to go the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, a massage is a massage and that is always nice. I think that my biggest complaint about the place is that it really seems like an afterthought (I think it may really be one too). In addition, my massage lady was kind of mean. When she called me, we were placing our lunch orders (because the spa staff had been dragging their feet in getting our order) and when I didn't come immediately she yelled at me that "time was wasting!". I appreciate that she wanted me to get my full massage, but someone yelling at you isn't a good way to start your relaxation! Then at some point I apparently tried to "help" her when she was lifting my leg and she yelled at me again. Other than that, she gave me a pretty good massage.

We were planning to have lunch at their Dragonfly restaurant, but when I told the lady booking the spa stuff that, she said "Oh, we can just order it and bring it up to the spa for you." So fine, that was the plan. Turns out, there really isn't a good place for us to eat lunch and then those jerks added $7 to each of our lunch items for bringing it up. That kind of crap just drives me nuts!

Anyway, aside from the complaints, it was a nice departure from the norm. I'll just know for the future that if it isn't "Spa Week" and I'm going to shell out for a full price massage, I would rather have my little spa in Allen than the "fancy" ZaSpa!

ZaSpa was selling my new Clarisonic face cleaning device. I have already been questioned about how I'm liking it, but the thing is, I haven't used it yet! It says in the instructions that you are suppose to charge it for 24 hours before using. I was sooooo tempted last night (think fruit in the garden of eden tempted), but I didn't succumb because I figured since it was expensive I didn't want to screw it up! I will use it tonight for the first time and let you know.

Comments

Traci said…
Boo on that lady! No one should have to endure that before a massage.

I'm so glad you found Courtney. She reminds me of you alot! That quick wit is important to have! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo