Skip to main content

Is it only Wednesday?!?!

Seriously. Is it only Wednesday? This has been the longest week in history and let me assure you that I am Friday tired TODAY! Monday we had a child custody trial set. We arrived at 9:00 a.m. and sat around until 10:30 when the Judge decided that we needed to be back at 3:00. We arrived back at 3:00 and sat around until 5:45 when the Judge told us to be back on Thursday morning at 9:00. So, needless to say, I'm super excited about having to go back to court on that case tomorrow!

Yesterday was a long day also. I left my house at 6:30 a.m. to head down to the hospital in Dallas. My grandfather was having surgery and I went to sit with my grandmother. It was suppose to be a quick half hour surgery, but of course we didn't get released from the hospital until 2:45 yesterday afternoon. And then I had to teach class last night.

Today had some excitement though not as much as I had hoped. We ordered a new laptop for the firm a few weeks ago. This is not a splurge but a desperate need because our old one is really on it's last leg. We caught the President's Day sale at Dell and were able to get a computer about 3 times as good as our Sony Viao that we purchased in 2005 and for a third of the price that we paid for our Viao!

Anyway, we have been very impatiently awaiting our new Dell's arrival. Wouldn't you know that it got delayed in production, but we got news on Saturday that it had finally shipped. I've been tracking that computer all the way on its journey from Nashville to Texas and discovered this morning that it was on the FedEx truck to be delivered to me today.

I was sitting in the office on the computer this morning when I heard the FedEx truck coming down the road. I screamed the news to Jennifer and she came running. We stood peeking through the blinds out the window like two kids looking for Santa on Christmas Eve! We watched as the FedEx truck went to the end of the street and made a delivery and then turned around and headed for my house. I bounded out the door to greet him and imagine how my face dropped when he got out of the truck with an envelopes of documents from the accountant and not my Dell! I decided to ask the guy about the other delivery (you see per the FedEx website, I knew it was going to require a signature or a FedEx doortag with my signature giving the driver permission to leave it). This driver was very nice and gave me a doortag to sign and leave so that I could go run some errands.

Once I got home from running those errands, imagine my disappointment when I got to the door and still hanging was the door tag I had left, but added to it was a new one saying "we attempted to deliver your package, but you weren't home". I called FedEx fuming! Apparently the tag I left was FedEx express and the Dell as being delivered by FedEx Home, so basically because the tag I left was orange instead of Blue, they didn't leave my computer as requested. I cannot go pick it up either, I have to wait until tomorrow for a re-delivery! Bunch of Jerks!!!!!! Way to kill my enthusiasm.

Now to the excitement that I did experience today... After lunch we were driving by the new Super Target in Allen that is about to open. I'm so excited because I love Target and it is really close to my house. It is slated for a grand opening this Sunday, but today as we drove by we saw a "Now Open" sign. Jennifer's car just turned itself right into that parking lot and the shopping trip was on. When new Target's open they have some new store deals that are great. It really wasn't anything exciting, but I got cases of water for $2, cans of green beans for 35 cents, a package of tortillas for 44 cents, etc. It was so nice and new and they have the craziest looking carts. I took a photo of Jennifer with the cart so everyone could see our new fancy carts and be so jealous!


Comments

Emily said…
Yes...those are the ones I love too. Remember my post when you said of they will suck after a while. Well they DON'T I promise. I have gotten to enjoy this NEW CARTS for over 3 months...they are AMAZING!!!! I LOVE THEM, okay I love anything Target, but the new carts are icing on the cake. Glad you got to see what I love too
Abby said…
You will have to find out if they have a robot security guy.

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo